Friday, May 7, 2010

I was lost , but have been found!


Have you ever had one of those days where you thought you were stuck in the movie Ground Hog Day? Where everything do-loops? That was my yesterday! Craig & I had planned to take some documents to Indy to our Home-study agency, drop them off, and spend the day together. As Schrink luck has it, Craig was called in for a meeting (that meeting to be canceled after I left) so he could not go. I decided that I would call my bestest friend of 30 years, meet her for lunch, and talk about our upcoming trip to China. Having lived in Indianapolis for several years, I know most of Indy like the back of my hand, so Stephanie and I decide to meet at a McDonald's on Keystone & I 70, then head downtown to eat at a new cafe on the circle. Sounds like a perfect plan, right? ANYTHING BUT!!
I leave the home-study agency at 11:30, call Steph, and plan to meet. I head north on Keystone to find that it is closed due to water! OK, so I make my way around, get back onto Keystone and I end up in the same place. WHAT?? So, I pull over and ask 2 men (I should of known better to ask men) and they tell me how to get back on my way. So, I get back on Keystone and I drive and drive and drive. WHAT?? I am right back to where I started!!
I finally decide to head towards town. I finally hit I 70. Back on Keystone I go! God only knows how I ended up in one of the absolute worst neighborhoods in Indianapolis! PRISONS right in residential areas! I was praying I would not get shot or mugged! I made sure my car doors were STILL locked and high tailed it back towards town!
I finally drive for 5 miles, stopping at every flipping McDonald's...NO STEPH!
Now, here is where the problem lies. I DO NOT own a cell phone! I don't need a stinking cell phone! I NEVER go anywhere so WHY waste the money?? My family has begged me to get a cell and I won't succumb to the idea! By this time, an hour and a half has passed by. I had stopped at several phone booths and called Steph's home phone. No one home. The phone booth would not allow me to call her cell. Finally I saw a church and decided that I would go in, ask if I could use their phone, and all would be fine. HAHA no one there! I just start sobbing...All of my raw emotions are coming to a head! I sat in this church parking lot somewhere in Indy and I cried, asking GOD to help me. My conversation sounded quite like this, God, I have no clue where I am. I am frustrated, mad at myself for being so stubborn about getting a cell phone, I am tired, I am hungry, I have to pee, and I really want to see my best friend!!!! I don't know where I am, but you do! PLEASE get me to where I am supposed to be." I put my big girl panties back on, started my van, and pulled out of the church parking lot.
Now friends, this is where my mind is blown away! I get back on I- 70, and get off on Emerson Avenue. I see a McDonald's, decide to pull over and go inside. For some reason, (divine intervention) I decided to go next door to a gas station instead. I explained my predicament to the cashier, ask her if she can point me to a phone booth, and she whips out HER cell phone and says, "What's the number?" Friends, do you believe in angels? I DO!!! She allowed me to use her phone, talk with my best friend who was scared that something had happened to me, because SHE SENT ME IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!!!!! But here is the GOD thing....the McDonald's and the station I ended up at, was the VERY MCDONALD's she HAD meant for me to meet her at!!!! See, God knew where I was, HE was just waiting on me to ask for help! And I think I learned a big lesson in humility & stubbornness...needless to say, I am calling VERIZON tomorrow to get a phone!!!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

When you do give me your number!! :)

lperry6 said...

LOVE this story:) God works in amazing ways!

Listen to Look What Faith Can Do


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Powered By Blogger