Thursday, June 3, 2010

A SPECIAL day with my dad!

My dad & I at the 500
On Sunday, May 30th, I took my dad to see his first Indy 500! We left around 7:30 am and got to Indy within the hour. Traffic was heavy going to the track, but moving nicely! While in traffic, we asked a police officer how far the track was and he informed us that we were within a mile. SO...we decided to park and walk it. Well, that officer was full of it!!!A MILE MY foot!!!! Try 2.5 miles! My dad had heart surgery just 2 years ago...and it was stinkin hot! On top of it, we were trying to carry our cooler full of food and gatorade. After about a half hour the track was in sight..only to our horror to find that we still had a LOOONG walk! UGH! By the time we made it to our seats we were totally exhausted! I had the shakes so badly that I had to pump myself full of Gatorade. I told my dad that I thought next year we would just stay home and watch it on the big screen, but he said "NO WAY! Next year I am bringing a cooler with wheels!!!" What a trooper!We had an awesome day! My dad and I share a very special bond, as I was born on his 20th birthday! I am so blessed to have my dad!

No comments:

Listen to Look What Faith Can Do


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Powered By Blogger