Thursday, June 17, 2010

He's in the Army now!

Well, the day I had been dreading for months came aound all too quickly! The day I had hoped I would never have to face as a mom to a son. The day that my oldest son would leave for basic training. He is no longer a civillian.
He is in the Army now! He now belongs to Uncle Sam!
 I was born on a military base, and was a military brat, so I know the military way of life. It is an awesome life, and a great life to be proud of. Zach will be gone until Feb of next year. We have no contact with him for the next 3 months except for letters that we exchange. This momma's heart is bursting with pride, but on the other hand, my heart is heavy. I miss Zach, but I know that GOD has HIS hands on him and that HE has great things planned for HIS son! I can't wait to see all of the great things HE has in store for Zach and his wife! I know they are greater than anything we could ever hope for! Isn't it awesome to know that we serve a GOD who wants to bless us far more than we want to be blessed? Please continue to pray for Zach. Boot is NOT a picnic by any means! I know he would appreciate it so very much!

No comments:

Listen to Look What Faith Can Do


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Powered By Blogger