Wednesday, July 7, 2010

ALL ABOUT ELIJAH CRAIG!!!!

Elijah is a blessing! A blessing that began in our hearts in 2006 while we were waiting on Ellye's referral. It was at this time that GOD began to speak to me about special needs children, and the little boys that were living in China with no mommy or daddy. I tried to dismiss the thought that perhaps there was a little boy waiting for us there as well. When we traveled in 07 to China to get Ellye, there were several families in our group that were adopting boys! One little fellow touched my very soul...it was then that I knew that GOD was indeed laying something very special on my heart! When we were home just a few months with Ellye, there was a little boy on the FTIA list that I absolutely fell in love with! I was in love with him, but we could not start paperwork for 6 months to bring him home. I knew that he would be snatched immediately! And he was...I must say I was heart broken. I loved him. I knew what GOD was telling me! I talked with Craig and we both agreed that we felt like there was a little guy waiting for us & we would start to save for his adoption! As with all things, it is always in GOD'S timing!
2008 rolled around & Zach graduated college. He found a job as a youth minister and we were able to save some money back for our adoption journey! Then the recession hit! Zach lost his job. We tried to help him out as much as possible. Our savings took a big hit! I started to wonder if God was trying to tell me, "NO, Kim, this is not the journey I have planned for you." I still felt that it was something that GOD wanted us to do. I even started to pray that if it was just me, that GOD would take the desire away from me. That desire never left my heart, it only grew stronger.
     In April of  2010, I emailed our coordinator and told her we still wanted a little guy from China. She shared with me that FTIA was going to be given an exclusive list of children, primarily little boys. I shared the news with Craig and we immediately sent in our application to adopt a precious little boy!!
I began to look at the shared list of children with special needs. Special needs in China are very different than what we would consider special needs. Most of the children are abandoned if they are born with cleft lip/palate, birthmarks, missing limbs...etc. Is it right not to adopt those children?? Should those children be fatherless, motherless, without a family? No way! Every child deserves a family!
     The exclusive list of children came out and there were no children in our age range. So I began to look at the lists of shared children for 2 months! I decided that we would just let GOD take care of our referral. One June 24th, I decided to look again. I decided to look at older lists of children. I went to the children that were put on the list in April. I started looking at kids in our age range. I came across 2 little boys I thought I would check out. I clicked on Shao Ren He's file and I fell in love with him instantly! There was this gorgeous little boy staring at me from my computer screen. What are the chances he would still be available?? I emailed Betty, our coordinator immediately to see if he was still available. She said she would check to see, but it would be the next day before she would know something because of the time differnce in China! I immediately called Craig and had him check out this beautiful little boy that I had come across. I prayed all day! It was the longest 24 hours of my life!!!! I did not sleep all night! I literally prayed until 3 am. I was praying for Zach. Praying his military training was going well, and praying for a little boy I so desperately wanted to be a momma to!! So I was up early and emailing Betty! No news! Well, it just so happens that it was Olivia's birthday! I was busy that morning getting things ready for her special day. At around 9:30 I decided to check my email! AN EMAIL FROM BETTY!! OMW!! I HELD MY BREATH! I clicked onthe email and started to cry, jump up and down, and scream with joy! HE WAS AVAILABLE!!!! I immediately emailed her back telling her to LOCK that file!!!
I woke Kayleigh up and called Craig immediately!!!! Had we found our son???? Betty, GOD love her, emailed the Beijing office at MIDNIGHT and actually got ahold of someone asking them to LOCK THAT FILE!!!!!! I felt like the folks on extreme makeover as they yell "MOVE THAT BUS!" We took his file to the doc and had it looked over! The doc said he was a beautiful, healthy one year old!! We knew he was our son! We came home immediately and  emailed Betty back to tell her that we wanted to be his family!!!!!
Now here is the GOD thing. Eli had been on the list for over 2 months..I had been looking at those files for months and I never saw this file! This little boy was gorgeous with a very minor need and he was not taken????....he had been born on June 1, and abandoned on JUNE 25th!!!!OLIVIA's Birthday and the day we LOCKEd his file! The day we sent in our Letter of Intent to adopt him!!! What are the odds that this little guy was available for us?? GOD knew that his file was not to be looked at because he had him in mind for us!!!! We sent in our LOI on June 28th and received our preapproval on July 1st!!! 
I know some of you are wondering what Eli's special need is. Well, by looking at him you will never know! He has 2 ribs that are shorter than the others! Not a special need at all! WE feel so blessed to have him as our son! We know that GOD orchastrated this story perfectly! This child has been growing in our hearts for years.....and here is GOD's faithfulness! And to top it off.....the adoption is paid for! GOD provided all funds for this! HE IS SO GOOD!!!! Everything has worked prefectly by GOD'S hands!!HE has opened every door! Thank you GOD for this child! We love him already!!!!

No comments:

Listen to Look What Faith Can Do


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Powered By Blogger